The Turblown Top Mount Turbo System is the Highest Quality RX-8 turbo kit on the market. It delivers the most usable peak power & widest possible power band for any street or track driven RX-8. Every piece of this kit is 100% built in the USA and is constructed with the highest quality materials & components. To ensure proper fitment every kit is mocked up on an actual RX-8 engine and chassis.
At the heart of the system is a BorgWarner EFR IWG(Internal Wastegate) 7670 Turbocharger. This Ball Bearing EFR incorporates a built in recirc bov for proper mass air flow operation, and a built in 3 port boost control solenoid. The .92 T4 internal wastegate turbine housing keeps noise levels down, and waste-gate diaphragm and waste-gate signal line heat related failures to a minimum. The turbine and compressor wheel selection are perfect for a 300-350rwhp Rx-8. One can upgrade to the 8374 turbocharger for those looking to exceed 400rwhp. 9174 or 9180 turbochargers are also available for those looking to make 450+rwhp.
Turblown Engineering's 3-into-1 Tubular designed TIG welded & back purged 304SS turbo manifold outperforms inferior log type units by producing better response, a broader torque curve, and more peak power. Also included is a one piece 3" TIG welded and Back Purged 304SS downpipe that employs a 3" flex bellow for engine movement to prevent cracking. Custom Stainless oil & coolant feed/return hard lines are included to eliminate heat related failures of commonly used rubber hose. A custom fabricated front mounted intercooler using a new 3.5" Quality FMIC core. It includes required piping, T-bolt clamps, and high quality silicone couplers. A coolant reserve tank relocation bracket. A custom aluminum thermostat Upper and Lower Hard Line assembly is included to prevent heat related failures of the turbo system by eliminating vulnerable stock rubber counterparts. OEM radiator hoses must be cut to fit.
This turbo system does not include an ECU, or fuel pump those are the only parts you need in addition to a battery relocation kit to be 100% operational and make up to the 330rwhp~. Fuel Injector, Clutch, Exhaust, and Coil upgrades are necessary to reach power levels above 330rwhp( not included). A good condition OEM engine does not require any additional modifications for power levels up to 400rwhp. We recommend the Adaptronic PnP Rx-8 ECU for Series1 Rx-8s, or a Modular Wire in unit for S2 cars. Windshield wiper reservoir removal or relocation required because of coolant overflow relocation. Premixing of two stroke oil in the gas tank before every gasoline fill-up is required because of Oil Metering Pump deletion on S1 cars( no loss of OMP on S2 cars). Front Bumper Crash support Removal, Under-Tray, and Sheet Metal( Not Frame) trimming is required for fitment. Auxiliary Port Actuator Removal Required for Down-pipe Clearance. Lengthening of the Mass Air Flow sensor wiring required for units not using Adaptronic ECU. Competent Rotary Specialist installation and tuning is recommended. Available for both manual and automatic Rx-8s, and S2 models. Pictured Inconel Heat-Shields are Recommended, and available at additional cost. Turbo kits are not kept in stock, generally it takes 6 weeks to build a kit. There are no returns/refunds on this turbo system. Delivery times are an estimate, not a guarantee. 2009+ S2 Rx-8s require a more complicatedAdaptronic Modular wire in installation that requires wiring into the OEM harness. We do have wiring diagram available for this. It does retain all OEM functions( No check engine lights(required OBD-PROs module, fully functioning dash, etc). Two ID2000 secondary injectors are also recommended for S2 models on pump gas, or 4X ID1750 on E85. S2 Rx-8 models do require a 10AN return fitting be welded into oil pan. Lifetime Warranty for original purchaser on manifold and downpipe. 1 year warranty on EFR turbocharger. Oil pedestal adapter required for oil feed line ( not included)
- A water cooled ball bearing BorgWarner EFR 7670 T4 .92 IWG( internal wastegate) turbocharger or larger if selected( 8374, 9174, or 9180)
- Our 3 into 1 Tig welded and back purged 304SS turbo manifold that outperforms log style manifolds by offering better response, a broader torque curve and more peak power. Now with a cast 3 int 1 merge collector.
- A 3" Tig welded and back purged 304SS vband downpipe that employs a 3" flex bellow for engine movement to prevent cracking w/ a single o2 bung. Vband clamp included.
- Turbo oil & water feed and return lines, including all additional hardware( inconel studs/nuts, T4 gasket)
- A custom fabricated front mounted intercooler kit . It includes required piping, T-bolt clamps, mounts and high quality silicone couplers. Intercooler piping and K&N air filter included. IC piping includes OEM maf flange.
- A coolant reserve tank relocation bracket.
- A custom aluminum thermostat upper and lower hard line assembly is included to prevent heat related failures of the turbo system by eliminating vulnerable stock rubber counterparts. Relocation hoses/clamps included. Requires trimming of OEM radiator hoses.